Friday, June 10, 2011

Trace of Fever by Lori Foster

From the second I opened Trace of Fever I was drawn in. Trace Rivers is the kind of dangerous man a girl dreams about. He’s oh-so-sexy, confident, and will do whatever it takes to take down a bad guy! And let me tell you, the bad guy in this book is E-V-I-L. After Trace’s sister, Alani, was kidnapped by human traffickers in When You Dare (book #1 of this series), he’s made it his mission to take down other traffickers. In particular, Murray Coburn. I give Ms. Foster kudos for delving into such an intensely uncomfortable subject. She has obviously done her homework on it and the affects survivors endure afterwards.

Priscilla Patterson knows all too well what being kidnapped, raped, and completely disregarded as a human being can do to someone. Priscilla’s mother spent years in fear after fleeing from captivity. As a result, Priss grew up in a very sheltered life. After her mother’s death, Priss becomes focused on ridding the world of Coburn, the man responsible for taking her mother years ago and who could very well be her father. Priss is gutsy! I love that about her. She is out of her element many times in the book, but she doesn’t let it stop her. Instead, it fuels her desire to keep moving with her plan.

It isn’t coincidence that Priss and Trace are thrown together on the same path. Never before have I read characters so completely RIGHT for each other! Each of their strengths complements the other in ways I’ve not seen done in other books. The chemistry between them is immediate and very hot!

There are so many good scenes in this book that I couldn’t put it down. I had to know what would happen next! Helene, Murray’s lover, is one psychotic woman! My stomach dipped, my teeth clenched, and I thought I’d snap my Kindle in half every time Hell (boy does that nickname fit her) showed up on the page! One of my favorites, though, was when Priss meets Jackson for the first time. I couldn’t stop laughing at their predicament!

My only complaint is the teaser epilogue featuring Jackson and Alani. I already know Alani will be the character I relate to most in the series. I’ve looked forward to her scenes in both books, and simply cannot wait for Savor the Danger to be released! Jackson will need to be one special guy to make it work with her. Reading the epilogue was torture for this very reason! He makes his interest for Alani quite clear. Talk about a cliffhanger!

Thanks for another keeper, Ms. Foster! 


GRADE: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment